Coopers Mexican Cerveza - been almost 20 days...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrowgin

Reaction score
Fermented like a beast for a week, then crapped out at around gravity specs said it would.

transferred to secondary after a week, been in there for about 2. Airlock hasnt budged in 2 weeks.

That being said, ok to bottle, or should i give her another week?

Still semi-new, so i wanted to check with experts before i went ahead and bottled :)

If you've hit your final gravity, and the final gravity value hasn't changed, then you're good. You did yourself a real favor, though, for waiting as you have, because it means you've allowed the yeasts to clean up after themselves and settle to the bottom of the fermenter. It means you'll have less sediment to deal with in your bottles. :) I usually wait a minimum of 3 weeks in primary before bottling, and push it to 4 weeks when possible.

It doesn't really matter what you airlock does or doesn't do, it is a vent for excess co2, really, nothing else. It's not a fermentation gauge, or anything....it just keeps your beer from ending up on your ceiling while preventing anything from getting it.

SOme people don't even bother with airlocks, they just use tinfoil.

Latest posts

Back