Using my cider equipment for beer or even Graf

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sashurlow

Reaction score
I want to try graf but don't want to infuse hops flavors into my glass carboys or plastic buckets that get used for my wine. I'd like to try some beer eventually. Can you use the same brewing equipment for both beer and cider/wine?
Thanks,
Scott

Thats how I got into cider. I had my beer equipment, moved to an apartment with a stove not suitable for beer (Too long to boil even a gallon of water) and started pumping out cider. Other than a brew kettle, a nice stirring spoon, you should be set. This is assuming your not talking about all grain brewing.

THat being said, you can get a whole lot of gadgets for making beer if you want to get more advanced (Wort chillers, hop balls,...) but these things arent needed from the get go.

Thank you HopHeaven. However...
My question is will the hops affect the tastes of my future ciders and wines by leaving residual flavors on my carboys or plastic bucket. Will the hops in Graff do the same.

Glass carboys=no
Plastic buckets after a good soak with cleanser=no
I use my buckets for frozen concentrate table wine all the time with no sign of hops in them.. :mug:

Back