Impressed by the results (first beer)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felix

Reaction score
gees, i gave my stout a first taste today to start the gravity readings that will tell me if the fermentation is finished, and i am blown away by the taste. It is my first beer ever (i did ciders before...) and really didnt expect much quality from this simple Cooper's kit (!...). This beer is greener than green and yet is absolutely drinkable and actually taste quite good, very close to a Guinness. And this comes from a microbrewed and Belgian-style beers drinker, not Budweiser. I just cant imagine how it will be once it has aged!!!

The tropical fruit/banana esters coming out of the airlock i was complaining about a couple of posts ago are nowhere to be found in the beer itself (!?)...

thank to everybody who helped me here with precious hints and info :mug:

i simply had to share my joy :D

Yeah, my first one came out awesome too. Genuinely good, not just relatively like, "It was good for my first batch." I mean, I would actually buy it. I did an Austin Homebrew Supply Blue Moon clone kit (partial mash). It doesn't exactly taste like Blue Moon, per se. I personally think it is significantly better. I did 2 weeks primary, 2 weeks secondary, 3 weeks bottled.

Here is a picture of the first completed beer I ever poured. (I say completed because I did open a couple prematurely, during the bottle conditioning phase, to gauge the progress)

img220.jpg

My second batch will be ready around Tuesday. I hope it turns out as good. It should be pretty similar, as it is the AHS Belgian wit. I'm lucky enough to live about 10 minutes from AHS.

isnt that wonderful?

one hell of a hobby i'm telling ya.

now i have to start a new batch as soon as i transfer to secondary, i fear i will drink it too fast! :tank:

Back