Asheville, NC brewpubs???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only been there once for work but I know highland brewery , The french broad brewery and asheville pizza and brewing co. are at least a few places to check out. This is most certainly a beer friendly area.

Make sure you hit Jack of the Wood on Patton st.(I think). They're the taproom for Greenman Brewery.They're a brewpub that usually has live music most nights. Be sure to get over to Black Mountain while you're there. It's a funky kind of area there, wherever you go. If you get the chance to drive to Brevard ( 30 minutes South), they have white squirrels and tons of waterfalls. Man, I love me some western NC!

Definitely hit up the French Broad Brewery. Great bunch of guys with a nice brew pub, try their Wee Heavy, it's really great.

BTW...I didn't realize Highland was in Asheville. I love their stuff!
Guess I'l be bringing a c-load back with me. I might even try to set up a tour for my buds.

Barley's is killer, french broad: be sure to get their wee heavy, asheville pizza & beer co. ... if the houdini or rook are on tap, get em.

My hometown :) You'll love that place.

Found out we get a private tour at the Biltmore Winery too...that should be fun.

I thought we were staying within walking distance of some of these places...not the case. Looks like we are cabbing it.

Dude said:
Found out we get a private tour at the Biltmore Winery too...that should be fun.

I thought we were staying within walking distance of some of these places...not the case. Looks like we are cabbing it.

Downtown Asheville is pretty small, you can walk around the whole thing in about 30-45 minutes. EVerything is close together. May need a cab in and out, but once you're there, no worries. Asheville pizza and beer co. has two places, one is on the outskirts of downtown, you can walk to it and the other is a few miles away down merrimon.

French broad brew co is a few miles from downtown though, but they aren't hoppin very late, so they should be a first stop. They have good local music from 5 to 8 most nights.

Have fun! I'm f'in jealous. I miss that place.

Well, I didn't get to near as many "brewpubs" as I wanted to, but we sampled Asheville quite a bit. Barley's is great. Awesome selection. I gorged on Highland Stout. We went to a bunch of places--some I can't even remember. Great Wings at Wild Wings, Great reuben at "Jack of teh Wood". Went to some Irish pub that ran out of freaking Guinness. WTF?

We went to a freaking awesom place called "The New French Bar" every night we were there. It wasn't a "beer" place by any means, just fun. They had an IPA there that was so killer it wasn't even funny. I think it was by Green King or something like that. Semi local brewery IIRC.

The Biltomre wine tour was awesome. I came back with 90 bucks worth of pretty awesome wine. I do have a "rant" about that place though. For another time.

The town is killer. We walked everywhere. It reminded me a lot of LaCrosse, Wisconsin, but a little more "granola" if you know what I mean.

It was a total blast of a week. My liver still hurts.

Dude said:
Well, I didn't get to near as many "brewpubs" as I wanted to, but we sampled Asheville quite a bit. Barley's is great. Awesome selection. I gorged on Highland Stout. We went to a bunch of places--some I can't even remember. Great Wings at Wild Wings, Great reuben at "Jack of teh Wood". Went to some Irish pub that ran out of freaking Guinness. WTF?

We went to a freaking awesom place called "The New French Bar" every night we were there. It wasn't a "beer" place by any means, just fun. They had an IPA there that was so killer it wasn't even funny. I think it was by Green King or something like that. Semi local brewery IIRC.

The Biltomre wine tour was awesome. I came back with 90 bucks worth of pretty awesome wine. I do have a "rant" about that place though. For another time.

The town is killer. We walked everywhere. It reminded me a lot of LaCrosse, Wisconsin, but a little more "granola" if you know what I mean.

It was a total blast of a week. My liver still hurts.

Can't wait to hear the rant :mug: I have a couple of my own, but I still love the place. The only irish pub in downtown aville, I believe, is Hannah Flanagan's.. I'm ashamed to share my name with the place.

The New French Bar is cool, my old roommate was a dishwasher there so I spent quite a bit of time at the place.

I'm curious about the rant too.

I've only been there on a day trip to the Biltmore estate. I wish I had known about the brewpubs. The wife and I ate at some lame little restaurant close to the estate before driving back to Winston.

Next time the folks are in town I'll drop them off at Biltmore and find the finer aspects of the town. :)

Latest posts

Back