brewers eyes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncommonsense

Reaction score
The other day I was at my dads and he was baking a cake with my youngin, he was using some almonds flavoring and I thought out loud as I smelled it that would be good in beer. And my wife said "why must you look at eveything with your brewers eyes". Do you guys look at things and say would that be good in a brew. All the time like I do!

Oh I absolutely do the same thing! I brewed once with a box of Cap'n Crunch cereal, and I have one in primary right now that was brewed with a pound of homemade granola! I also have plans to some day brew a porter with doughnuts...

I do this constantly.

Start making wine and you'll soon be lamenting the number of trees that are planted that don't grow any fruit. or all the fields that aren't loaded with vines or raspberry brambles.

Gtrman13 said:
I brewed once with a box of Cap'n Crunch.

when did you add it. Also reminds me of the time I told my wife I need flaked maize, so she got me a box of corn flakes. Told Her I didn't know if that's the same thing... is it?

Sometimes I walk through the supermarket thinking "I could totally make a beer with that... and that, and that, and that, and that..."

Grocery store, lowes, home depot, garage sales, flea markets... always need to have your brewers goggles on! Never know what new ingredient or DIY thingamabob you'll come up with.

Back