Don't forget - 12/12/12 is coming!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spica66

Reaction score
12/12/12 Stout

12 pounds 12 ounces of 12 fermentables
1.12 O.G.
12 hop additions (I don't have 12 different types, sadly)
112 IBUs
12% ABV

I took the day off work to brew it.

Who's with me?

That's a great idea. It's definitely got me thinking about following. With 12 different hop additions, may be better suited as an imperial IPA, with a 12 day dry hop.

I like the way you are thinking! I have the whole day off - I may need to have morning and afternoon brewing sessions!!

Brewing my 40th birthday beer that day. My soccer number was #12 my whole life, so I figured it was the right day for this project. Going for a Bruery Black Tuesday inspired brew.

Johnnyhitch1 said:
Andddd.......

Was this directed at me? If so, it was a great brew day. And Long!!!! 90 min mash. 120 min boil. Tried something new with taking 2 quarts of first runnings and boiled it down to about 2 cups of a thick syrup then adding it back to the boil. OG was 1.12 which is the highest I have ever had. Pushing the first round of yeast to the limit before moving to wlp099 and add'l sugar additions a la DFH 120. Shooting to end somewhere between 17-19%. Will then age in a 20 L new barrel that I will swell with a bottle of Makers Mark. Eventually will add cocoa nibs and vanilla beans. Finally bottle and wait for September 2014.

Back