Can you leave carbonator cap on bottle after carbing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duganderson

Reaction score
Can you leave the carbonator cap on the bottle after carbing instead of taking off and replacing with original 2 liter? Would this help more of the carb absorb so you don't lose your co2 before you drink?

Can you leave the carbonator cap on the bottle after carbing instead of taking off and replacing with original 2 liter? Would this help more of the carb absorb so you don't lose your co2 before you drink?

I wouldn't. Mine seems to leak.

Can someone i,prove this product! I didnt like the idea of putting beer in plastic bttles but it is actually pretty kewl! I just wish they wouldnt leak! I want to buy more but i want quality.

Some people install schrader valves (like on the tires for your car) into the cap of the soda bottle. There should be threads here if interested in that alternative.

My carbonater doesn't leak out of the poppet but I can't leave the QD on it because it does leak past the external o-ring. For $14, that stinks.

Back