kitchen aid grain mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1purpleranger

Reaction score
has anyone tried the kitchen aid grain mill? i recently ground a deer with the mixer attachment and started to think about beer (well i was having a few). if you have used one how well does it work? too fine too coarse does it adjust ect.

Sorry I havn't tried it, but for the price of the mill attachment you could get a very good dedicated grain mill and not chance blowing up an expensive mixer trying to mill 13# of grain.
I'm sure someone who has tried it can chime in.

It's my understanding that it's very slow and not meant to work for as long as you would need for a batch unless you're doing 1 gallon batches. As fixitoscar said, for the price of the KA mill you can get a good grain mill with which you'll be much happier.

I searched the forums and came up with only one thread started this one the all the other show up at the bottom after you post it. Idk if I was searching in the wrong forum or what. I think I'm just gonna buy a dedicated mill and use an old drill I have to power it.

Back