Something quick..."Jungle Juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RawDog

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right spot but I have a block party coming up and I'd like to make a big jug of "jungle juice". I remember a friend of mine made it in this large carboy looking thing that had a built in tap. Everything was done in that vessel. Fresh fruits, water and champagne yeast was all that was needed from what I remember. It was also ready in like 2 weeks. Does anyone have an idea what I'm looking to make? If so, would you be willing to share a recipe?

Thanks!

Matt

Prison hooch? You can just mix up some jungle juice with various fruit punches, juices, and add vodka, rum, tequila, and some fresh fruit in a large punch bowl and you will have much more control over how the final product is. Im not sure what you are trying to make, but this is what we used to do at parties in college!

go to walmart and get some fruit juices in the 1/2 gallon jugs from the juice aisle (make sure there are no preservatives). their great value brand is good about that. get 4 lbs of table sugar, and throw it in. use some montrachet (or other dry champagne yeast). 2 weeks from now, you'll have about 12% jungle juice. cheap, easy, and quick. doesn't need to be aged, as it's already juice.

a collection of various juices like this works for me:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-100-Cranberry-Juice-64-oz/10416005

Thanks for the replies. I was looking for something a little better for presentation purposes. Any ideas using different cut up fruits?

Thanks

look up recipes for 'wedding punch' and such. those always have fruit in them, will give you ideas (besides oranges)

Latest posts

Back