Great Quotes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovejenete

Reaction score
Hey guys
I'm doing an English project where I need to gather some great inspirational quotes. Especially about looking up, breathing, or being strong. I know a lot of musical theater has some really great quotes, so does anyone have any favorites they would like to share?
Thanks!

"I knew I was in the company of a great and noble intellect from the moment she let me grab her ass" ~ Me

"The last time I used that as a signature in a forum, it got me an infraction" ~ Me again

Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.

-Robert A Heinlein

From another thread in General Chit Chat
**** my dad guy says hi

http://twitter.com/****mydadsays

Nice filter, we are all over 21 right???????????????

Replace the **** with the word you say if you step in ****

These are the cleanest ones, not necessarily the best...but it is the only thing good I've ever seen come from twitter.

"Son, no one gives a sh*t about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

"You worry too much. Eat some bacon... What? No, I got no idea if it'll make you feel better, I just made too much bacon."

"The baby will talk when he talks, relax. It ain't like he knows the cure for cancer and he just ain't spitting it out."

"I wouldn't worry about money...No, it has a lot to do with happiness, I just meant YOU shouldn't worry, cause you'd just piss it away."

"I turn the kitchen faucet on and the shower burns you, yes, I get it...No, I'm not gonna stop, I'm just saying yes, I get that concept."

"I only drink on two occasions - When I am thirsty and when I'm not thirsty."
- Brendan Behan

Stephen: If I risk my neck for you, will I get a chance to kill Englishmen?
Hamish: Is your father a ghost, or do you converse with the Almighty?
Stephen: In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God

Braveheart FTW!

“when you are hallucinating the person that is asking you if you want more drugs, it’s safe to say that you have probably taken enough
already.”
-unknown englishman after eatting too many mushrooms in Amsterdam

1_4_110.gif

"Wait. What?"-all four teenagers living in my house, full or part time, on a regular basis.

Hey guys
I'm doing an English project where I need to gather some great inspirational quotes. Especially about looking up, breathing, or being strong. I know a lot of musical theater has some really great quotes, so does anyone have any favorites they would like to share?
Thanks!

“It is the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory.” - Gen. George S. Patton

During the Battle of the Bulge, upon being asked to surrender:
"To the German Commander: NUTS! The American Commander." - Gen. Anthony McCauliffe, Bastogne, Belgium Dec. 22nd, 1944

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value." - Thomas Payne, The American Crisis

Back