Wyeast 3726 Farmhouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montanaandy

Reaction score
I just kegged a Saison using Wyeast PC 3726 Farmhouse and have to say that this is an impressive strain. I am a Saison fanatic and have used the difficult Wyeast 3724 for the most part and the user friendly Wyeast 3711 on occasion also. I find that 3726 has the ease of use of 3711 combined with the flavor profile of 3724 but sans the hassle. I held 3726 at the high end of the recommended temp range for this yeast (82') and it churned like crazy and finished in the single digits after 3 weeks. Really hope that Wyeast adds this to the Saison arsnel.

Thanks for posting this. I'm getting ready to brew my 1st Saison and have been looking for the yeast I want to use. How did you get the ferm temp up to 80? Heating belt? Blankets?

"All your home brew are belong to us!"

Thanks for posting this. I'm getting ready to brew my 1st Saison and have been looking for the yeast I want to use. How did you get the ferm temp up to 80? Heating belt? Blankets?

Fermwrap coupled with a digital Johnson Controls thermo.

Good to hear. I am also about to brew my first Saison. I ordered the NB Saison kit and substituted the 3724 for the 3726. I definitely plan on saving some of this yeast. Maybe it's time to get into slanting.

Good to hear. I am also about to brew my first Saison. I ordered the NB Saison kit and substituted the 3724 for the 3726. I definitely plan on saving some of this yeast. Maybe it's time to get into slanting.

Good move choosing the 3726 especially for your 1st Saison. I am really lovin this yeast and the end product.

Can i ask what temp you pitched the yeast at? Did you pitch at mid 80's or did you pitch closer to 70 and ramp up?

I brewed a Belgian Pale Ale with this yeast recently (one week in the bottle currently). While still fairly green, I am glad that I washed the cake from it. While it still contributes the classic saison flavors, it definitely seems like it could easily be used for other styles. It may become my house Belgian yeast. Next up for this strain, a biere de garde and a spiced saison. After those, I'll make a decision.

I brewed an extract saison with it, ramped to 82 and after about 10 days it stalled at 1.016. It stayed at 1.016 for week, so I added some champagne yeast to try to dry it out and it did nothing :( It does smell and taste fantastic, so I'm just going to bottle and enjoy it myself. I did harvest the yeast before adding the champagne stuff, so I will be making another attempt soon.

I made a Saison de Noel with this yeast. What a great beer! I fermented at 78* so the spiciness is there, but it's not dominant. Plus, I get no clove, which I dislike in saisons. Whoo!!

:mug:

I have not used it yet but I want to very badly. I think I will for my next brew. I hope my LHBS will have some still.

Back