Freezing Fruit Link

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff! I think freezing actually improves the quality of my blackberry ciders, better juice extraction after rupturing the cell walls.

david_42 said:
Good stuff! I think freezing actually improves the quality of my blackberry ciders, better juice extraction after rupturing the cell walls.

I agree. If you want frozen soft berries to retain the same texture and shape as fresh berries i say don't bother. If you want to save the FLAVOUR for brewing, cooking or preserves then freezing is THE best way of 'extending the seasonality' of fruits and utilizing your hard picked/bought gains a few months later - Just remember to label them with dates and use them as quickly as you can!

I was just reading that alittle and have to add when using sufites use if on hand ascorbic acid in congunction with. It helps to preservatives or should I say hightens them which is good for me,because over 1000 capsuls in the next room I have a link, but as of right now I don't quite understand yet. vitamin c info near bottom of page if you go back and go to story index a bunch more other info. :D

http://www.winemakermag.com/feature/21.html

Latest posts

Back