Odd kegs. Opinions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewjack

Reaction score
So, I got a couple of these kegs. They're 5 gallon size. I'm debating about if I should keep them or not. Has anyone seen these before? Are they good? Terrible? Am I going to be able to find a mini frige for them? What would you pay for something like this?

n1068090056_475600_5960335.jpg

they should work fine, only concern i would have is the larger diameter. I wouldn't fit 6 of those in my keezer.

Hmmm- if they are just shorter, but still 5 gallon, I'd want two of those. They'd fit in my shorter dorm fridge, without hitting the top.

Let me know if they're for sale!

Hard to tell from the photo, but you might even get one or two of those in a large ice chest for mobile serving.

They're about 15'' tall and about 12 1/2'' in diameter. I'm able to fit one in my mini fridge, after a little modification and abuse.

They look like those kegs brew pubs and beer plumbing folks use to pump cleaner through the lines..

I'll take two, please.

As mentioned, this would be perfect for a mobile kegerator. Get a square "Ice Cube" cooler with wheels, I bet it would fit perfect in there.

Those kegs are approx. 20 years old.
They are the OLD style Spartanburg with rubber base insert.
We had a couple of hundred of those some years back.

Good kegs.
Use square lid O-ring, not round.
If it has the metal nut style P.R. Valve, they are no longer made; replace with a pull ring style P.R. Valve lid.

Latest posts

Back