Woooooooooooooo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IIIIIIII-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
SQUEAL lil PIGGY!!!!

Oh wait, wrong thread...

Yes, i'm having a couple of beers too. Ah-huhm..

Fingers, fire or rescure or other? I HATE non-paid stand-by. The 3 duty officers (me plus 2 other guys) take turns "under the table" of taking a night where our "cell phones are dead."

Last night & tonight were my nights off, but we got a little rain last night, so I'm sure all 3 of us are imbibing last night & tonight.

I'm a wildland fire guy BTW...

Zac

Other. I'm the electronics guy for a whole bunch of generating stations in the area. Most of them are controlled remotely so if the communications or control systems go down I have to go and tend to them.

My standby is paid, albeit quite modestly. Without a call out I'll get a little over forty dollars for a weekend day. If I get called it's a minimum of three hours double time for the first call in a day and one hour double time for the second. Of course I get paid for actual time out if it's over the minimums.

I usually only draw standby every five or six weeks but one of my coworkers needed someone to fill in for him. Last week I got 26 hours of double time on a chronic problem with a smattering of regular issues. Today I've gotten nothing so far.

Ah dont you love the minimal pay days. Sometimes they pay us for 8 to stay at home/in motels close to where fires are. Ruins the whole day & all you have is a days pay, nuttin extra. This is even funner if I'm away from home.

I got called 3 times saturday, no call took longer than about 20 mintues, but 2 of them required me to drive to the office (15 minutes). So for a completely wasted day I got 6 hours of OT, for around 1.5 hrs time sepnt. Guess I orta quit bitchin.

Zac

Latest posts

Back