Overflow setup for primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrowboarder

Reaction score
I've used this yeast before (wb-06) for wheats, so I decided to use it again with a wheat IPA. I originally had it with an airlock, then about 10 hours later it got wild in there, so I had to do a quick setup to install an overflow tube. I cleaned and sanitized everything and even put some non- rinse sanitizer in the water.

My question is; does this setup look ok?

image-3514059722.jpg

image-2749485148.jpg

image-3074436545.jpg

Sweet, thanks for the prompt feedback. The overflow seems to be coming to an end. I imagine I'll want to put the airlock back on once things settle down a bit.

Looks good. He only reason I switch to an airlock is for more room in my closet. IMO, the more you mess with it, the greater chance of something going wrong. Or, Im just lazy.

I'm yet to screw up a batch with an infection, but I consider myself pretty good at keeping my equipment clean, water filtered, and limiting air exposure. This batch here will be the first one I've ever dry hopped. Hopefully I can pull it off clean.

Latest posts

Back