Getting Started...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huaco

Reaction score
I have a buddy from back in the high school days that is coming over to install my 240V 30AMP receptacle tomorrow! I know I am putting the cart before the horse, but at least it is a start on my E-Brewery.

I am running with a 30A GFCI breaker for now, if I see that I want to run 2 batches at the same time, I will go ahead and run 6 ga wire so it will be able to run a 50 amp service in the future.

Sorry... just had to share. I am excited about getting started... even though it will be a while before I actually plug anything into that 240V receptacle.

Got my 240V service installed this afternoon. For lack of being able to locate a 30 amp GFCI breaker between two towns, I opted for a 50 amp GFCI. MAN... was that thing pricey! $120!!!!!
Anyway, we ran 6-3 with ground to the receptical on the wall. I guess if I really wanted to, I caould now make the upgraded KAL system and run two batches at once on my future E-rig. BUT. After seeing the price difference in just the breaker, I think I will stay with the 30 amp system for now. BUT... I do now have a GREAT service to run a nice heavy welder though.

Back