Honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigchilla77

Reaction score
Hey guys.. im prepping to brew a beer tomorrow and it recommends to add a pound of light honey in the last two minutes for some added flavor and alcohol content. I was wondering if any light honey would do from a grocery store or if it requires a certain kind? thanks for the help.

any honey will make alcohol, but liek everything else you get out what you put in.
I have used store honey with ok results = alcohol. I have also used strong wild flower
honey and dry hopped with cascade and got a really wild unique pale ale flavored beer
the honey represented the crystal malts and really shined:fro:

Get bulk honey from a health-food store or farmer's market. That honey will be cheaper and better quality.

The better brewing honey is usually 100% pure honey, filtered and unpasteurized. Much of the commercial supermarket honey is not pure, and can contain parts of the honeycomb, and many inpurities. So be careful.

Back