a salute to my noob days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewski08

Reaction score
i'm not an expert by any means, but at least i can say i've advanced past this stage.

this is a picture of my first batch of beer (american wheat). while some of you may think, "what's wrong with this picture?"...this isn't my secondary fermenter.

i brewed a 5.5 gallon batch and thought it could hold its own in my 5.5 gallon carboy.

tossed in a pack of Notty, drove it from south florida to tallahassee, put it in my shower tub, and went to michigan for a week.

came back home to find it everywhere: ceiling, floor, walls...everwhere. only ~2.5 gallons remained in the fermenter.

so noob days and mistakes, i salute you. you have made me the brewer that i am today :tank:

404491_2501602699739_1243080468_32324283_735348941_n.jpg

Fun!
I brewed up the swmbo slayer, with some slight variations, and decided that a couple lbs of raspberries would serve it well in the primary.

i heard something in the night, but attributed it to metropolitan living.

and in the morning, i woke up to the bloodbath that was my shower. Raspberries on my 10ft ceiling even. it was amazing. and it was just 5.5 in my 6.5 fermentor :)

Latest posts

Back