Stay out of the dog house

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. As a man looking at a divorce after 17 years, I find no humor in this whatsoever.

Bernie - Your situation is no doubt unfortunate. I wish the best for you.

The thing I find funny about this is that how my wife would feel if I got her a vacuum cleaner and the irony of a situation that happened not too long ago. BTW - She'd be really PO'd if I got her a vacuum.

Two years we were making out each our own family Christmas lists. My wife told me I need to put down a crock pot and a set of kitchen knives on my list. I'm like WTF??? I said to her, "This my list, you got yours. If you want it, then write it yours." She said to me we need those things. I'm like if you need them, go get them.

We make good money and have no debt so if we want something modest we can just go get them. We don't need to wait for Christmas to make such a purchase. A vacuum cleaner is not a frivolous gift in my opinion. Usually its a necessity. I think its stupid and insensitive on the part of a guy especially since it generally has a hint or overt motive behind the thought

I buy my wife gifts that are considered nice splurge gifts. Something she wants but would feel guilty about buying it for herself. I tend to put things on my list that are not always practical, but nice to have though.

I chuckled about this really because of the a few gifts my FIL got for his wife. Two that come to mind is a Bread Machine and Ice Cream Maker. These two gifts revolved around satisfying his appetite. This occurred 15 years ago. These things are still in the box, in a closet to this day.

Almost forgot about what I got the other year... cash for a trolling motor.... SWMBO said NO about that. I wound up having to put it towards this computer. I generally have work to keep my wife's attitude in check.

One thing I can say is I would have never crawled into the dog house. :D

Back