I think I just OD'd...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlindLemonLars

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
...on ribs.

Beef ribs, spare ribs, baby back ribs. A rib ménage à trois...three kinds co-mingling on one plate, awash in sauce. Kinky!

These guys were lovingly massaged with Byron's Butt Rub, smoked for six hours @ 225° over lump charcoal and hickory chunks, and finished with a light coat of bbq sauce thinned with soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.

I just ate two of each, and washed them down with my oatmeal stout. I'm not a smoker, but I think I need a cigarette.

That looks fantastic. :rockin:

I am so wanting to gt into BBQ. My good buddy has been smoking meat for a couple years now and it is fantastic stuff. He's just started homebrewing. Maybe I can start smoking.

I did ribs for the first time on my BGE on Thursday and they were awesome. Did you mist them while smoking?

No...I've done that in the past, but not this time. There is a pan of water over the coals though, to regulate temperature and add some moisture to the environment. After four hours I wrapped them in foil, and after six I applied the sauce, removed the water and let the higher heat caramelize the sauce for a few minutes.

I wish I had a BGE, my smoker is just a cheapo Brinkmann. I lined the bottom with bricks to add some thermal mass, I'd like to think it helps. The grill is where I'm more comfortable, but I'm getting the hang of low & slow.

It was a lot of work for 20 minutes of eating, and the 115° temperatures here today didn't make tending the charcoal much fun. Still, I'm looking forward to lunch tomorrow, leftovers have never been so appealing.

Have you done a pork shoulder/boston butt yet? I'd just about kill for some good pulled pork. :drunk:

props to the MS folk .....Oh so close to Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1(the very heart and soul of
bbq) But that dish looks really good!!!

In a perfect world, I'd BBQ ribs, so my greyhounds could have the bones. Unfortunately for them, I prefer sausages, london broil & pork loins. No bones in them!

Latest posts

Back