New Teen Fad=Lowering Trend in IQ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew-Happy

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,593570,00.html?test=latestnews

0_61_vodka320.jpg

I don't understand this concept at all!?!?! It ranks up there with rubbing your eye with a jalepeno! :confused:

Potential blindness is now a game. Wow.

Hey, this is "FOX News", and not a real news organization. Fox News is as much about "news" as Miller Lite is "Tripple Hopped".

I watched a show one time that talked about teens are also huffing alcohol which is extremely dangerous. They'd use one of those plastic coffee mugs with the lids. Pour over dry ice and it'll create fumes. They'd cap it and inhale it through the small hole in the top. Insane.

When I was a kid my classmates would play the pass out game.

You huff and puff really hard and then take in a deep breath and go against a wall then someone pushes on my chest and you pass out.

I never did it. Thought it was about the most stupid thing ever.

I watched a show one time that talked about teens are also huffing alcohol which is extremely dangerous. They'd use one of those plastic coffee mugs with the lids. Pour over dry ice and it'll create fumes. They'd cap it and inhale it through the small hole in the top. Insane.

What does that have to do with alcohol though? :confused:

I have inhaled co2 many times and let me tell you it will seriously mess you up for a few seconds. Then gives you a nasty headache.

You huff and puff really hard and then take in a deep breath and go against a wall then someone pushes on my chest and you pass out.

i saw on the news about a year ago that this one was making a comeback. swell.

We all did this in middle school. Stupid kid stuff. They won't figure it out until someone gets really hurt. And then the next generation of stupid kids will find something else to hurt themselves.

I read a book about this once...The Third Chimpanzee...there is a section where he discusses a hypothesis regarding why animals and humans do things that are potentially damaging, such as antelope jumping and using up energy when in confronted by predators, even though it doesn't help them escape. Also in impressing mates and whatnot. He discussed consumption of drugs and alcohol to be this similar "I can handle it, it makes me more manly" idea that is in our subconscious. One interesting example was a friend of his that once a month would sip on shots of kerosene. It was basically, "I'm fit, so I can handle this abuse."

I just found it interesting that not everything is so apparent...some of our stupidity is lying deep within our genes.

I knew some goobers that would bend over and inhale/exhale a lot to hyperventilate. Then someone would put a sort of sleeper hold on them (crook of arm around neck) and lift up. Pass out for 10secs while having weird dreams.

. Imagination+stupidity=Wasted brain cells

The sad thing is... this is probably how beer and wine were invented "Hey, I'm going to take some fruit and berries... mash 'em up... stick 'em in the back of my cave for a few weeks. Then I'm gonna scrape the mold off and drink it!"

Then the guy had to convince his buddies to do it too!

i fully support the game of ball tag. why? because we're all better off from their infertility.

We called them "tippers"

The goal was to have your hand snap so just the tips smack the yambag...like towel snaping but with your hand.

Got extra "points" if they guy dropped to his knees.

In retrospect...I kind of wish I would have smacked a few people I knew harder
Might have stopped them from reproducing...

I was just reading about 5 girls in Poland that got pregnant playing a game of "The Star" or "The Sun". Basically the girls lay down in a circle, with their heads in the center, and then the boys start going at it with them. Whichever team finishes last wins.

I was just reading about 5 girls in Poland that got pregnant playing a game of "The Star" or "The Sun". Basically the girls lay down in a circle, with their heads in the center, and then the boys start going at it with them. Whichever team finishes last wins.

That's sort of an anti-Darwin Award stupidity. Although to be fair, it's still abysmally stupid.

You really don't think that is how man figured out we could milk animals like cows and goats do you?
After my experiences regarding the insight of the common man...yes, yes I do

I would rather have played this game than "tipper"

Latest posts

Back