Cigarette smoke while fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

808beer

Reaction score
Hello all,
I brew in my garage and have a batch in the primary. Is it ok if I smoke in my garage? Would it give the brew some off flavors??

I should quit smoking then I need to quit drinking>>>:mad:

The only thing I could think of is if you keep your EMPTY plastic fermentor in the garage when not fermenting and you smoke in there.
The fermentor could possibly absorb some of that lovely ash-tray aroma and impart it to your next pale ale. Marlboro Mountain Pale Ale anyone?

Otherwise, do as the previous poster suggested and RDWHAHB

Pez.

What's the primary??? If it's a glass carboy with airlock, probably not much too worry about(just don't blow smoke at the airlock), if it's a bucket those don't necessarily seal tight all the way around, though again, even with the bucket, I wouldn't think it will be an issue unless you're blowing the smoke right at the bucket.

I'm assuming you're brewing with the garage door open?

You're worried about cigarette smoking affecting your beer, but nevermind how it affects your health? heh...nevermind.

Thanks all! I'm using a glass carboy as the primary and I brew with the garage door open......What does RDWHAHB mean?

Thanks 808

I say smoke it up! Its your life and you can do what you want with it. If you wanna stop, do that, but dont let society tell you what to do. If we all did that none of us would brew! I chew Copenhagen and drink lots of beer, and Im fat, leave me alone and we will all be happy! and RDWHAHB!

Oh ya, and none of us would hunt cause it hurts the poor little animals.....ELK IS THE BEST MEAT EARTH!!

Latest posts

Back