10 tip jet burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do your self a favor and ditch the 10 tip burner idea and use the 10" hurricane burner, it will save a lot of grief when you fire it up. The 10 tip burners will put out a lot of heat with out a doubt, much more than needed, but they only are happy when ran wide open, turn the flame down and they will soot up everything. The hurricane burner will burn clean all across the operating range and is easy to change from high pressure to low pressure or NG by changing 1 fitting, not all 10 tips.

I use the 10 tip jet burners with NG and have no issues. I keep the HLT & BK burners somewhere between 75-100% wide open and only throttle back the MLT burner to about 50% for my direct fired RIMS. I use the MLT one at 100% when heating the strike water and if I forget to turn it down during the RIMS/vorlauf phase, it does tend to heat the mash too quickly. I don't have any real issues running them if I keep them at 50% or more.

True to their name though, they sound like a jet engine. I do often wish my burners were quieter.

I also use standing pilot lights and those end up causing more soot then the burners. Hopefully I'll be going to electronic ignition in the near future.

There are pictures of my burner setup in my signature links.

Latest posts

Back