Buying my 1st keg setup, few questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaydog2314

Reaction score
So I'm making the jump to kegging slowly. I have some of the stuff needed as I have an old fridge turn kegerator I used to use for "commercial" sanke kegs, with home brewing I rarely ever get "commercial" kegs. So I have a CO2 distributor/regulator and tank and gas lines. I will be replacing the beer line. I thought my faucet/shank would still be good but it appears I neglected it too long and it needs replacing, I don't think it was SS when I first bought it years ago too.

So my question is what's the big difference if any besides name of a Perlick 525SS and this SS combo listed for 51.99

http://www.homebrewstuff.com/stainless-steel-4-shank-draft-faucet-combo.html

I when I piece together the faucet, shank, tail piece, washer and hex nut for Perlick from homebrewstuff it comes out to $59 and change...

I'm not trying to be a complete cheap person but is the extra $8 worth it for Perlick or am I just buying it for the name?

Thanks

Most members would agree that the Perlicks are worth the extra money because they are forward sealing faucets. This prevents the faucet from sticking when you have not had a pour for a while. Because of this advice, I splurged and bought the Perlicks the first time. I have read many different posts where the writer suggested to get the Perlicks from the beginning.

I wish I could say more, but my first kegs are conditioning now and I have yet to try out the Perlicks. I hope that this helps. Mark

thanks. yeah i've been digging and digging thru threads and seems to be the general consensus is spend the few extra $s, looks like that is what I will be doing!

Back