Off Flavored/Bad Tasting Beer Appreciation Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
I must say that I am now a fan of my beers that taste like total ass, but still resemble beer.

Its not necessarily that I *enjoy* the off flavoredness.
The overpowering esteryness, the mouth numbing band-aid flavoring, the 'hotness' of a young beer.

ITS JUST WHEN I THINK A BATCH IS GONE TO **** I LEAVE IT ALONE AND IT ENDS UP TASTING MARVELOUS AND I DRINK IT TOO QUICKLY!!

I am angry at my delicious beers damn it! They MAKE me drink them as opposed to their icky tasting counterparts who just tend to be ignored for long periods of time.
Beer is mean. If it didnt develop into something so damned yummy then I wouldnt have such a problem.
Cant my wife do something like this? :D
-Me

I had to have a talk with my 6 year old daughter yesterday. As it was drug awareness week at school, and the counselor had told her that beer is a horrible drug.:(

I explained to her what a drug was (good/bad, legal, illegal, drinking age, drinking and driving). It's a good thing that she knows that mommy drives when dad is drinking.

But in the end, I had to explain to her my appreciation and respect for beer and its history. I guess I should have had this talk sooner, as she has been my brew partner on many occasions.:D

You want your wife to morph into a great tasting beer?

I must say that I am now a fan of my beers that taste like total ass, but still resemble beer.

Its not necessarily that I *enjoy* the off flavoredness.
The overpowering esteryness, the mouth numbing band-aid flavoring, the 'hotness' of a young beer.

ITS JUST WHEN I THINK A BATCH IS GONE TO **** I LEAVE IT ALONE AND IT ENDS UP TASTING MARVELOUS AND I DRINK IT TOO QUICKLY!!

I am angry at my delicious beers damn it! They MAKE me drink them as opposed to their icky tasting counterparts who just tend to be ignored for long periods of time.
Beer is mean. If it didnt develop into something so damned yummy then I wouldnt have such a problem.
Cant my wife do something like this? :D
-Me

Well, someone did mention something like beer flavored tits once. I was intrigued...

Yes, I have my daughter help me during brewdays as well. Heck, she was helping me weigh and seal my baggies of hops that I bought in bulk. Im not sure if this discussion has been 'formally' had. I think that its understood that daddy doesnt make bad drinking decisions. Hes just really obsessed with the hobby :p
-Me

Back