Newbie quesion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdj2289

Reaction score
My first two brews have been bottled for 2.5 weeks now and I am happy with the carbonation. One beer (red ale from Brewers Best) is a little watery and the other (AHS Blue Moon Belgian white clone) tastes amazing... At this point being happy with carbonation is it best to continue to store the beer at 70 deg or to store at cooler temp while I wait for the red ale's watery taste to improve? Also how long should I let the natural carbed beer chill in fridge before consuming? Thx you for any help

Give it more time to condition. Conditioning takes at least another week in my experiences after carbonation is achieved. Two weeks in the fridge gives thicker head & longer lasting carbonation. By thicker I mean smaller bubbles in the carbonaiton,& thus in the head,which will be denser/creamier.

My first two brews have been bottled for 2.5 weeks now and I am happy with the carbonation. One beer (red ale from Brewers Best) is a little watery and the other (AHS Blue Moon Belgian white clone) tastes amazing... At this point being happy with carbonation is it best to continue to store the beer at 70 deg or to store at cooler temp while I wait for the red ale's watery taste to improve? Also how long should I let the natural carbed beer chill in fridge before consuming? Thx you for any help

I can only tell you what I've noticed and do. I let mine condition for 3 weeks then chill a 6er for a week, usually at this point they're pretty good, but most if not all seem to benefit from an additional week or so at 70 degrees.

Rick

Back