my first beer makes me never want to stop drinking it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeekysheep

Reaction score
and it's a bad thing

i just finished my first beer and it tastes wonderful. The head is nothing impressive but it does maintain OK the aroma is pleasant and the color i cloudy like i can see through it like a lightly frosted mug but a nice beer color.

the problem was the finishing taste if is like a strong musty smell" but a taste". take another drink wonderful beer then horrible after taste

any ideas

I made a few can and a kilo type kits that had that really strong after taste, but I haven't had it in a while. Be extra careful about sanitizing all your equipment and keep your ferment temps down and I think you'll be able to avoid it in the future.

i just opened up a bottle of this beer again and the after taste was not there any more. i brought it to a party and everyone loved it.

Wait until you pop one open in mid-August or so. Rule of thumb is, the best beer from a batch is the last one.

Back