New to brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinatally1

Reaction score
I brewed my first 5 gallon batch with northern brewers deluxe kit and their caribou slobber brown ale. They recommend 1-2 weeks primary and 4 weeks secondary. Is all that time necessary in the secondary?

I've already racked, but is 4 weeks really necessary in the secondary? I would think it would be for a higher ABV brew to mellow out some but I don't know that it's gonna do much here.

dinatally1 said:
I've already racked, but is 4 weeks really necessary in the secondary? I would think it would be for a higher ABV brew to mellow out some but I don't know that it's gonna do much here.

How long did it sit on the yeast cake before you racked? I'd give it a minimum if 3 total weeks before bottling ... And if you racked after only one week, maybe give it 3 in secondary.

If you have reached the FG it's done and you can bottle or keg it. What was the OG and what is the SG now?

I was in primary for 2 weeks, probably should of went right into keg for secondary? Also any info on force carb would be great.

Latest posts

Back