Beer in Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsta Porter

Reaction score
Hello,

So I had a keg that I carbonated naturally- 1/3 cup of corn sugar. I connected the gas, failed to release pressure before opening the gas and pushed beer up the gas line. I caught it quick, but not quick enough. I do think that some made it up to the regulator. Is it an issue? Anything that I need to do to prevent wrecking my regulator?

Many thanks in advance!

So I had a keg that I carbonated naturally-

I started out a post like that about 6 months ago. I was a bit worried, but nothing bad happened other than feeling like a dunce for a few days. So, right or wrong - I did nothing about it other than post in a forum and everything is still fine.

-OCD

I'd take the regulator apart and give it a cleaning. That beer will get pretty nasty inside that keg.

I got a used regulator that took me 30 minutes to clean, due to all the beer or soda dried inside the regulator.

I've had to do this too... I know MicroMatic has some nice schematics on their site in case you get all the little parts mixed up...

I just had some beer get pushed up my CO2 line.. I planned on getting some check valves but haven't yet. where's he best place to put them? If I just get the check valve and not to valve/check valve wouldn't it be better to put in closer to coupler? that way the beer doesn't travel up the tube?

Back