I feel like I robbed a bank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metanoia

Reaction score
So I stopped at Kroger on my way home from work tonight, planning on putting together a mix-six for $9.99. Instead I spent $2 more and walked out of the store with a variety 12-pack from Great Lakes, which includes their Gold Lager, Amber Lager, Pale Ale, and Porter. That's $5.50 off the regular price, and the 6-packs were still going for $9-10.

Though I'd share in case anyone is interested. This was the Kroger at Outer Drive and Michigan in Dearborn, but I'm hoping it's at other stores too. The sign said the price is good until 1/16/13. :ban:

I might have to cave in and get this, even though GLB bottles are IMPOSSIBLE to de-label

Dang, that would have been good to know beforehand. So far I've only done a little delabeling and have only had trouble with DFH's 90 Minute. The cheap German Pilsner from Aldi had the labels falling off on their own, but they were more difficult to cap than any other I've tried so far.

Try Oxi Clean, i swear it works great on both GLB, and DFH bottles, just let it soak in a generious mixture of warm/hot water and some oxiclean for a few days, and viloa!

Try Oxi Clean, i swear it works great on both GLB, and DFH bottles, just let it soak in a generious mixture of warm/hot water and some oxiclean for a few days, and viloa!

I can attest to this. I do this constantly. The only ones I really have trouble with is Shorts. I just recycle those.

I can attest to this. I do this constantly. The only ones I really have trouble with is Shorts. I just recycle those.

Same thing. Shorts, Dark horse, and Arbor Brewing bottles all seem to use some sort of unworldly glue on their bottles.

I've only used PBW (which I hear is pretty much OxyClean) on bottles overnight, and DFH has been the toughest so far, while Sam Adams just melts off. Perhaps I'll have to give them multiple days of soaking.

Back