Blichmann vs. Morebeer pots?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runyanka

Reaction score
If you had the opportunity to get one or the other, which one would you choose? I like the taller, narrower style of the blichmann kettles, but like how thick the morebeer kettles are. Blichmann has 3 piece ball valves, but are weldless, morebeer has 2 piece valves, but welded fittings. Blichmann has a better sight glass setup IMHO. So the question comes down to, which would you choose? If I do the setups I'm looking at side by side, with HLT, MLT and BK, the total setup comes out to $285 dollars cheaper for the morebeer setup. But, this will be a once in a lifetime order, meaning I will not upgrade my brewsystem anymore after this purchase. Thanks for any input.

I love my Blichmann kettle, but they are pricey. I would get what fits in your budget and still makes you happy... Cheers!

Yeah, I wish my Blichmann's were thicker. They are kind of thin. The sight glass is very accurate for volume measurement and the ball valves are great. The weldless nature doesn't bother me at all since general cleaning takes care of any nasties anyways and the boil kills anything that may have slipped through.

The false bottom on the Blichmann's works incredibly well - probably the best false bottom out there. The snap-in nature of the dip tube also adds flexibility. If I were doing it again from scratch I may also look at Stout or others.

Blingmann Boilermakers are great - sight glass, pick up and ball valve all work out great. I also thought they'd be thicker but that's ok. They are easy to clean and look cool! but you will pay! cant speak for the MB.

oh yeah the false bottom on the Blingmanns is excellent.

I love my Blichmann kettle. Only complaint is I wish I got a 15 or 20 gallon instead of the 10-gallon.

You would probably have to insulate them if you were not using RIMS or HERMS to control mash temp. I don't know what one would lose less heat unregulated.

I really like my MB kettles but wish they were 10 gallons instead of 8. Have to be more careful about boilovers. I really like how sturdy they are, especially during cleaning, don't have to worry about denting them or anything.

Love my morebeer/instawares pots. They are thick and look like they'll last a lifetime.

I have the morebeer 26 gallon kettle and find it works well for 15 gallon batches. It is thick, and heats water/wort really fast. I do wish that it was taller, and had a smaller diameter, however. The strange dimensions make it difficult to use with my immersion chillers unless the batch size is just right. I have never used a blichmann kettle, but I also have a stout tanks kettle that I think any buyer would be wise to consider.

Latest posts

Back