Forgot this for a while...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slow1964

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,
So a little back story: Back in Jan/Feb I brewed an oatmeal stout in hopes that it would be ready by St Pattys day. Life being what it is and work being what it is, the wort has been sitting in the fermenter (secondary?) since then. I was cleaning out the room it is stored in and found it. Two questions: Could it still be good? Also the Airlock got broken off at some point, would it be better just to dump the whole thing. I have been wanting t get back into brewing for some time and finally have the oppurtunity. Thanks.

Well, taste it but man I would think without an airlock it would've staled or gotten infected.

Rev.

Thank you for telling everybody. I'm sure some would never let that knowledge out but it's really cool you did. If it smells good and there is no obvious sign of infection then go for it! Bottle/keg that beer! Let everybody know when you pour one how it taste.

Cheers,
Dan

Thanks for all the replies! I popped the top off the fermenter, it smelled ok. I tried a little, not so much on that front. I ended up putting it into the garden, who knows it might actually help the soil. Thanks again!

Back