Am I the only loser....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayaBrew

Reaction score
....drinking with my dogs on NYE? My wife is in Utah with her family, I had to work 13 hours today and probably 12 more tomorrow. I'll bet I don't make it past 9:30.

BUT.....after tomorrow I'm on vacation for 11 days!

Meh. New Years Eve is just another day in my opinion. I'm going to a party because it's a big deal for the wife. Personally, I'd just as soon skip the drunken idiots and watch a movie at home. Maybe I'm getting old.

My wife is sick so we're spending NYE at home. Ah well, at least I have some good homebrew. Still depressing though.

....drinking with my dogs on NYE? My wife is in Utah with her family, I had to work 13 hours today and probably 12 more tomorrow. I'll bet I don't make it past 9:30.

Invite some of your buddies for some brews at the House! Make some finger foods like ribs and wings and take advantage of the SWMBO being gone! :ban:

My wife and I enjoyed a sushi dinner at home. She had our soon-to-be 5 month old on her lap. No beer for me tonight as I'm on the mend from a bad chest cold.

Slainte everyone. Hoist one for me! But do so before 9pm EST because I'll likely be asleep after that lol.

New Years Eve brings out too many fools acting like idiots. I stay home hiding from the insanity.

SWMBO will be at her restaurant until 11pm.... so yeah, I'm drinking alone most of the night. Luckily my Amber just carbed up :rockin:

I have to go to a stupid murder mystery party and dress up like I'm a 30's gangster. The thing starts at 7pm, I don't have time for this crap who the hell starts a party at 7pm? I mean Christ I want to brew some beer this evening, show up to a party at about 11pm drink 3 to many beers and go home. WTF I have to be sociable and mildly sober for 5 hours on NYE along with hanging out with people that are only tolerable when I'm completely smashed.

I think I'd rather hang out with my dog.

Home NYE with my SWMBO and 18 year old grand daughter, drinking coffee for now, will have a glass of bubbly later. Might make midnight... way too old for going out.

Hoppy Brew Year!

I have to go to a stupid murder mystery party and dress up like I'm a 30's gangster. The thing starts at 7pm, I don't have time for this crap who the hell starts a party at 7pm? I mean Christ I want to brew some beer this evening, show up to a party at about 11pm drink 3 to many beers and go home. WTF I have to be sociable and mildly sober for 5 hours on NYE along with hanging out with people that are only tolerable when I'm completely smashed.

I think I'd rather hang out with my dog.

Dude, You and I think alike... Hilarious

Nope. Atleast you are having a beer, I'm not. I worked 13 hrs today and have to get up a 3:30 am to start another day. I hope to be sound asleep way before midnight.

Happy new year to everyone. Drink one for me. :mug:

I'll have mine tomorrow night.

Me and my wife haven't done anything for New Years in about 8 years (when oldest of 4 was born). Honestly I don't miss the drunken idiots and parties with people that are boring (despite their best attempt to be "fun"). I'm the only one awake right now and don't mind the peace and quiet. I'm just happy that I converted my 10 gallon cooler into an MLT earlier today. My New Year resolution for 2012 is to brew more and better beer :D

doing laundry drinking my normal (brandy) and gonna make my wife watch "Getting him to the Greek" as soon as the 10 year old goes down . . . and I get to work in the morning . . . no you're not alone

Were staying home, we have our kids Gidparents over, had strip steaks, lobster tails and overpriced wine. Staying in to avoid all the amature drunks playing bumper cars all the way home.

Currently 10:47 pm .... Kids asleep upstairs... SWMBO asleep on the couch...me, posting on HBT and reading the latest issue of Zymurgy...no, you're not the only loser

Happy new year (almost) everyone!

Hanging out with my pregnant wife, drinking craft beer, and currently watching CNN kick conservative America squarely in the balls. Prior to that, I watched hockey and Top Gear.

Actually enjoyed sitting home with my wife and 5 month old pup. Bottled wine for my wife, a batch of Breakfast Stout for me and drank a couple craft beers, some home brew, and a bottle of my mead that now that it's seven months old, doesn't taste like turpintine anymore. Couldn't think of many things I'd rather do.

Cheers.

goin2brew said:
Me and my wife haven't done anything for New Years in about 8 years (when oldest of 4 was born). Honestly I don't miss the drunken idiots and parties with people that are boring (despite their best attempt to be "fun"). I'm the only one awake right now and don't mind the peace and quiet. I'm just happy that I converted my 10 gallon cooler into an MLT earlier today. My New Year resolution for 2012 is to brew more and better beer :D

Right on. This is year 3 for me with 2 kids. The wife went down at 9:30. My bock that's been on tap is starting to come into its own. I can't imagine 4 of these suckers.

Nope not the only one. I am sitting here working on some code for a client while I sip the American Amber I have on tap and watch Farscape. I'd be wasting the evening playing a game or something but for the life of me I can't find anything that'll keep my attention for longer than 5 minutes tonight, lol. Code always seems to work though which, I guess, is one of the good things about loving what you do. :p

should've stayed home with my dog.
went out with my sister, her boyfriend, and his roommate. good enough company, but we picked all the wrong bars, and ended up as a very depressing FOE at midnight.
should've stayed home, enjoyed some graff, and finished "Designing Great Beers"

Back