Grains. Practical food?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeer-

Reaction score
So I'm pacing around my place with a case of THE HARDCORE MUNCHIES..... And, Ive got this caribou slobber kit I'm about to brew in two days. I ate a mini spoonful of the specialty grains just because.

I think I'm hooked....

If I didn't want to brew this kit so bad i would seriously just pour these grains in a bowl and add almond milk....

Brew the beer now, save the spent grains for your bowl with milk. Normally there is enough residual sweetness in the spent grains for a nice treat.

When i worked at my lhbs thats all i ate. Make a couple homebrew recipes, take a hand full of crystal 40. Lunch break, have some munich and vienna. Learned a lot about the grain flavors that way too.

Uncracked Honey Malt in a bowl of milk is GOOD....impossible not to get grain husks in each and every one of your teeth, though, so pack some floss! :mug:

Mmmmm Nothing I love more than about halfway through my Moose Drool clone mash pulling a small bowl out of the mash and putting some cream in it and eating it.

Tried it with a 3c and it was awful though

Back