where to find 30-40amp GFCI cord

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianNorth

Reaction score
Hi folks,

i have been looking for a GFCI 30 amp (dryer) cord for several weeks now, with no luck.
I hear they used to be on Ebay, but i don't see them there either.

Anyone have one to sell, or know where I can get one?
I am in Canada, but usually have no problem buying from the U.S.

thanks!

Check Ebay. There's a canadian business, Friesen Auctions. Just got a 30A gfci last week, and man is it a beast! 17 feet of awesomeness.....

If you can't find it now, wait. They sell out quick, but get large shipments in.

Awesome, thanks for the info! I was hoping to be able to locate the cords through another supplier, but that seems to be proving impossible.

No I did not, I did not even know about spike. Thanks for the tip!

UPDATE: He is also out of stock! So any tips on where to find one would be appreciated.

I know that Uncle Spike would get it to you, in the style you want, el pronto. Contact him.

But, otherwise, sounds like you are in a hurry, so describe your setup and I can walk you through what to do. But, contact Uncle Spike first.

I know that Uncle Spike would get it to you, in the style you want, el pronto. Contact him.

But, otherwise, sounds like you are in a hurry, so describe your setup and I can walk you through what to do. But, contact Uncle Spike first.

Spike is all sold out as well... As for other options, I could wire a spa panel inline and just go but 15' or so of 8/3 sjoow or similar, but around here the absolute cheapest a spa panel can be had is $250. The other alternative is the leviton gfi/relay combo discussed here

Swapping to a gfi breaker on my range plug is also not an option, as I live in an apartment, and my breaker sub-panel has no main breaker, so the panel is always live.

So after looking at all the options I could come up with, these cords were by far the best. I am setting up a semi portable two vessel rims system, where the rims is used to heat water on demand for a fly sparge. I need about 12' of cable to get from my range plug to where I am going to be brewing.

Back