Does your FG need to be adjusted if when I adjust my OG due to wort temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrandow

Reaction score
Hi Guys;

This site ROCKS! Quick question. I brewed an octoberfest this weekend and adjusted my OG based on the temperature of the wort. My hydrometer reading was 1.044. Based on my temperature when I pitched, I added .004 to my OG reading. Here is my question. Does that mean that my FG should be .004 higher then what my directions say it should be or should I still aim for what the directions say?

Thanks

Take your FG reading, and compensate based on that sample's temp, not the temp of your first reading.

You make your adjustments at the time of the readings, so just shoot for what the directions say. Your adjusted OG was 1.048, you do not need to know the temp after you know the adjusted OG. Also, I believe this should be in the beginners forum, not the introductions forum. Welcome to HBT. :)

Thanks guys. I didnt even know which forum I was in. I was trying to find a way of asking a question...lol

Back