Styrofoam Seal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thapeez

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm close to finishing my keezer build, and I went with polystyrene insulation on the collar. I was wondering what people have used, if anything, to seal/protect the top surface of the foam from being chewed up by the lid. Or is worth bothering?

TIA,

-Peter

foamoncollar1.jpg

I am probably going to use FRP the stuff they cover the walls in restaurant kitchens ,its sold at Lowe's and you can get corner trim to make good transitions

I covered all of my foam insulation with the reflective roll of foil insulation. It easily runs into all of the corners, then I put foil tape around all of the edges. It came out looking great.

Hmm - the lid really should not be contacting the styrofoam - if it's anything like mine the lid is not totally flat. The middle section on mine sits a bit lower and fit down into the original opening. When I added all the foam I have to carve it a bit to get it to clear that section so the outer part would sit flush with the collar. If you have the same situation you need to do the same thing or you'll have leaks around the top.

Latest posts

Back