Portland, Oregon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veggiess

Reaction score
Going there for a week long visit. They are full of breweries, so I won't have time to hit them all. Any recommended??

Both ratebeer.com and beeradvocate.com let you search by area...I would check those sites and you will prb have plenty of places to hit.

Bridgeport and Rogue both have fantastic beers, The Bridgeport IPA & Rogue Dead Guy Ale are two of my favorite beers. But Portlands has the most breweries per capita than any place else in the country. I lived there for 10+ years and never made it to all of em.

I don't know if they have anything in Portland, but there's a brewery called Black Butte, in central Or, that has some tasty stuff. Their Porter and Obsidian Stout are among the finest of those 2 types I've tasted.

doublegun said:
I don't know if they have anything in Portland, but there's a brewery called Black Butte, in central Or, that has some tasty stuff. Their Porter and Obsidian Stout are among the finest of those 2 types I've tasted.

The Deschutes Brewery is in Bend, OR and it is a hell of a drive. But their Porter is one of the best, luckily it should be on tap almost everywhere.

Back