Three things to open beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spearko520

Reaction score
Inspired by the ingenuity and can-do attitude of all the homebrewers on this site, i thought it would be interesting to see how many things we could name that will work as bottle openers. The rules are simple. Name three things that you can see or touch right now, that you either have used, or are pretty sure you could use to open a bottle of beer (smashing it doesn't count)... I'll go first- three things i have used- an 1 1/4" x 1" x 1" copper tee, a padlock, and a stapler

In my garage so: a paint can opener, a Starr bottle opener that I attached to my workbench, and a hammer. Not sure the hammer would be a great opener, but TECHNICALLY, it WILL open the bottle.

Any paper currency can be rolled and used to open beer bottles.

"Bet you that $10 bill I can open this beer with it." :p

I'm in my office at work so...I've got my opener on my keychain (always with me), my belt buckle might work, and I suppose I could pry one open with the edge of my stapler.

i usually use the wall mounted opener next to my fridge. other than that, i use a Bic. the dollar bill trick is always a hit, and an easy way to get folks to buy you a beer at the bar, even if they don't mean to.

The table, pocket knife, and earlier this week I used a pair of vice grips that was closer that the nearest bottle opener.

Folding razor knife, Any handle on silverware and I saw Anne Burell on secrets of a restraunt chef open a beer with the back of her big kitchen knife

This!

Dillo.jpg

1. My wedding ring (Tungsten Carbide)
2. My bottle opener ring (Stainless Steel)
3. My Newcastle bottle opener keyring (always on hand)

I'm telling you, I just hate bottles being closed!

Just posted this in the OTHER thread where we're discussing this.

If you're really badass, the brass knuckle opener.

Bottle_Opener_Ring-430x301.jpg

Great for opening bottles and for bar fights!!!!

Gun

Nipple Ring, if you're a Real Badass Badass.

SPD clipless pedals on bicycle
Reef Sandals (built in opener on the bottoms)
Leatherman

At work desk: College ring, table, work computer (hey look! it finally does something!)

I just need my bottle opener attached to a zip-line on my belt...That's right...ZIP-LINE, be jealous lol (I'm Batman!)

I used to use my cellphone to open bottles. It eventually tore away too much plastic though.

Any hard objects works fine. Keys and screwdrivers work great. Bic lighters of course are great.

You can also use a second bottle.

Latest posts

Back