What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so this was a few hours ago but I have to post it cause it was AMAZING!!!! Everybody seriously needs to run out and buy at least one of these. Avery Brewing's Kaiser. Delicious. It's a 10% ABV Imperial Oktoberfest. I got not very much hot alcohol taste, and the flavor is slightly sweet with ZERO cough syrup taste. My wife, God bless her little heart, she picks these beers out for me when she goes shopping. She is clueless about different beers but she sure knows how to pick em!!

KaiserImpOcktoberfest.jpg

Gixxer said:
Okay so this was a few hours ago but I have to post it cause it was AMAZING!!!! Everybody seriously needs to run out and buy at least one of these. Avery Brewing's Kaiser. Delicious. It's a 10% ABV Imperial Oktoberfest. I got not very much hot alcohol taste, and the flavor is slightly sweet with ZERO cough syrup taste. My wife, God bless her little heart, she picks these beers out for me when she goes shopping. She is clueless about different beers but she sure knows how to pick em!!

Gonna pick one of these up today.

Been on a Belgian kick lately; in fact I just ordered ingredients for a Quad that's in the recipe database.

Anyway, just tried my first St Bernardus Abt 12 and WOW, that's one of the best beers I've ever had. Talk about the ultimate sipping beer.:mug:

Waiting patiently for my 2 beers fermenting to be done and my bottled beer to condition.

Boulevard double wide. Finally got around,and now know why I passed this up so many times.Overcarbonated oxidized and almost seems infected with lemon tartness. No bottle date which sucks,because I would like to try it again giving it the benefit of the doubt. Possibly a bad bottle,I dont know. Any body know if its bad to recork a big bottle after drinking half? I opened it up and it literally blew pressure in may face a bit,ha. It was overcarbed to begin with and cant believe the level of carb it still retained after another day in the fridge.Just dont know if the pressure is bad for the headspace,Ive been ok so far doing this often with big corked beers, but seems recorking and you really get a bigger bang when you repop it, I just wonder if a few more days and it could blow? Safety first.;)

Boulevard double wide. Finally got around,and now know why I passed this up so many times.Overcarbonated oxidized and almost seems infected with lemon tartness. No bottle date which sucks,because I would like to try it again giving it the benefit of the doubt. Possibly a bad bottle,I dont know. Any body know if its bad to recork a big bottle after drinking half? I opened it up and it literally blew pressure in may face a bit,ha. It was overcarbed to begin with and cant believe the level of carb it still retained after another day in the fridge.Just dont know if the pressure is bad for the headspace,Ive been ok so far doing this often with big corked beers, but seems recorking and you really get a bigger bang when you repop it, I just wonder if a few more days and it could blow? Safety first.;)

Hmm, I actually like that beer - maybe it was just skunked from sitting on the shelf too long. I think once it's uncorked you're screwed.

Where are you in Iowa? I ask because I was in a local HyVee (Davenport) yesterday and saw someone pick one of those up. Don't see them go very often!

Hmm, I actually like that beer - maybe it was just skunked from sitting on the shelf too long. I think once it's uncorked you're screwed.

Where are you in Iowa? I ask because I was in a local HyVee (Davenport) yesterday and saw someone pick one of those up. Don't see them go very often!
Clinton-unfortunatly,and actually yeah I think I got this in Bettendorf or Davenport going on a "pumpkin hunt", that was last weekend though I think. I wish they dated those, I think it was victom of poor storage/age. :mug:
What do you mean by screwed?

"Quare Bungle Rye," Irish Red with rye at the moment....it's not bad but recipe needs adjustment. v2 will emerge better

Route des espices. A 5% that drinks like a malty 9%er with rye and and awesome peppercorn mellow mild-mouth numbing real blackpepper finish. This would be sweet with some smoked malt.This bottle is notched 0 and 5.Not shure what year that means 05?Or 2000 in May? Its worth the $3.99 though. I think ive just been influenced to make a smoked rye peppercorn,soon. While Im at it may as well oak it,oh! snap. This is what im talkin a bout y'all.

Maltsicle. My own mutation of Centennial Blonde taht takes the existing recipe and cranks up the sweetness, and ferments at a higher final gravity.

Damn That's Malty!

I only meant that it'll oxidize very quickly.

Oh thanks,thought you meant they can blow out. Yeah Ive had some go flat and crappier the next day too.Just never been blown in the face with pressure. Wish a big hop bomber would do that to me sometime,like litterally blow hop smells in my face and knock me out,ha,ahha.Talk about a memerable beer. Seriously though I think I will remember this one giving me breeze to tha face.:tank::confused::drunk::cross::eek::eek:

Dundee Pilsner. Only dundee I like so far. Accidently grabbed this thinking it was the ipa,same color bottle. Pretty impressive pilsner. Quite glad I accidently picked it up Ipa ratings were as terrible but I shure would have liked to be that judge for myself,whoopsies!

My ginger pale ale. One of the best Ive ever made,all around good wow.Best ginger beer ive ever had. A pale ale in another dimention.Like a good juniper or whatever this beer is perfect in a pale ale holy damn. Proud homebrewing moment going on here with a code of silence.Its aged a bit too but possibly my best yet.Sometimes you flatter yourself,hey it seems accidental to me almost but it happens,and when it does its awesome! Its what brewing is about. 'Where are the good ginger beers? Oh wait,they are in my basement? Yes. Its where the goood ginger beers are!

Tonight was an Old Rasputin and a Stone IPA. Tomorrow I'll break into a Duvel 4-pack. And Sunday I'll be cracking a bomber of my homebrewed Oktoberfest to kick off the start of another season of Packer domination.

Sampled my fire rock PA clone, was only carbed for 7 days still needs another 7 to 10 I think. That and a Sam Adams dunkel. But on deck for tomorrow is a southern tier pumking!! With all the hype I have been reading here it should be a winner!

Back