WTH: Triscuits, $6.00/lb...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beergears

Reaction score
What the hell.. I was grocery-shopping the other day, and I am pretty sure I saw a box of Triscuits sell for 6 bucks a lb...! Needless to say Ii pass on it, even though I like them!...

What's up with that?
Nabisco must crank 5 tons of them per hour or so, from renewable raw ingredients for heck's sake...

Six bucks. I can get a nice set of guitar strings for that money...!

My guess is fuel costs. If we sustain this sub-$2/gal pricing for a few months, we may see prices drop again. I know, personally, I wouldn't (and don't) spend that much on snack food.

I bought some nice bone-in strip steaks from the grocery store last week on sale for about $6.00 a pound. Triscuits, or steak..... not a tough choice.

What the hell.. I was grocery-shopping the other day, and I am pretty sure I saw a box of Triscuits sell for 6 bucks a lb...! Needless to say Ii pass on it, even though I like them!...

What's up with that?
Nabisco must crank 5 tons of them per hour or so, from renewable raw ingredients for heck's sake...

Six bucks. I can get a nice set of guitar strings for that money...!

Triscuits like the cracker?

I bought 2 boxes yesterday for 5.00.
:eek:

That price seems a bit high for Triscuits, but I guess it all depends on where you buy them as well. Small market vs. Walmart Superstore might affect the price quite a bit.

BierMuncher's probably driving the price up by hoarding them...

13oz box.
on sale, but I don't think they were 3.50 off the regular price!

Went food shopping today and looked carefully, this time:

plain Triscuits: 5.85 / lb
chi-chi rosemary-whatever Triscuits: almost 7 bucks / lb

Methinks a distributor, working in some poorly-lit backroom, is pocketing most of it. Maybe (s)he bought some WaMu stock with the profit...?

Went food shopping today and looked carefully, this time:

plain Triscuits: 5.85 / lb
chi-chi rosemary-whatever Triscuits: almost 7 bucks / lb

Methinks a distributor, working in some poorly-lit backroom, is pocketing most of it. Maybe (s)he bought some WaMu stock with the profit...?

This is obviously a triscuit conspiracy.

BierMuncher is speculating in the market. He's long in Triscuits.

The price will come down though after stores sit on them long enough.

Latest posts

Back