Just started

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorne

Reaction score
My name is Thorne and I live in West Tennessee. I have been curious about brewing for a while and stumbled across the 1 gallon kits from Brooklyn Brew Shop in the Williams's Sonoma catalog. I ordered the summer wheat kit on sale then picked up the Chocolate Maple Porter mix to try first. Everything went well in the brewing but I awoke this morning to find that I had inserted the blow-off tube too deep into the fermenter. I lost about 1/2 my bottle to runoff. Lesson learned hard but I'm hooked and ready to make more.

I discovered this forum and app by searching for information about Austin Homebrew recipes. A buddy from college that brews told me it is as easy to make 5 gallons as it is to make the small ones so I'm ready to get a bigger set-up if all goes well following the one gallon mixes that I ordered.

I am looking forward to learning from everyone. I'm active on a cigar forum and hope after I gain more knowledge that I can be active here.

Welcome! This is a great place, lot of helpful/knowledgeable folks around here.

Back