Removing left over copper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVD_X

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to solve this problem. I recently built a mashtun with a copper manifold. The problem is that after cutting the slots (BTW - should have used my dremel instead of a saw) there is a bunch of jagged copper left on the inside of the pipe I can't get to.

Does anyone have any idea how I could clean out the inside of the pipe? I don't want bits of copper getting into my beer!

If you have access to the inside from one end, just roll up a piece of sand paper and go to town.

Get a wood dowel rod long enough to go all the way thru and small enough to fit in. Then cut a slot on the end of the rod and slip some sand paper in there and wrap it around the rod. Put the rod in a drill and run it in and out until it;s all gone.

I'd just leave it as is. I look at it as just some more help to trap stuff and keep it out of the boil pot. I don't think the amount of hinderance of flow from the jagged bits would be an issue at all. Strictly a cosmetic issue. Use the time saved to enjoy a beer.

Latest posts

Back