Made my first kit!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumpkinman2012

Reaction score
I popped my cherry and made my first Brewers Best Red Ale Kit (my wife purchased it for me), I decided to tweak it a little by added a little honey to the secondary. This mellowed the hoppy bitterness, and gave it a hint of sweetness that I enjoy. I am very happy with the out come!
I've been making Wine, hard Cider, mead and Melomels, but I can see how you can get addicted to making beer!
I hope to be able to brew from a recipe soon!!

Thanks! Since this post, I've made 4 kits, then decide to take the leap and go all Grain!
What a pleasant difference. I now have 4 all grain brews under my belt and cannot wait to brew more...lol
Thanks for all of the great advice I've picked up, just by reading the forums.

Glad to see the addicition is a positive one for you. I'm up to partial mash BIAB myself. Grains are fun to experiment with different flavor complexities.

Right now there are three of us that really bounce ideas and beers off each other, it makes it a lot of fun!
We got together last night for a night of sampling home brews and home made Pizza!

Those whose wives buy them their first kit are probably the luckiest brewers in the world. No matter what she says, "but you're the one that got me into this...!!!"

Back