90 Min clone noob question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bv805

Reaction score
Hi guys, I wanted to brew the dogfish head 90 min clone that was in byo but i'm kinda confused. it says to mash at 122 then raise to 149 until conversion is complete. so my question is how long do i leave it at 122 until i raise the temp to 149? also i have a cooler for a mash tun so i was thinking i could just add hot water till i got it to 149.
any how let me know what you guys think , thanks

The rest at 122 is a protein rest that cleaves some of the longest proteins into shorter ones. Usually, this is 10-20 min these days. Yes, you're right: you add boiling water to bring the temperature up. How much water to add is work for a calculator, like the free software in my signature.

The rest at 122 is a protein rest that cleaves some of the longest proteins into shorter ones. Usually, this is 10-20 min these days. Yes, you're right: you add boiling water to bring the temperature up. How much water to add is work for a calculator, like the free software in my signature.

Looks like a nice program. I DLed it but it will not launch on my MacBook Pro. Any thoughts?

Back