I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
passedpawn said:
Personal favorite. My close friends often tell the story of when they visited Egypt, and were floating down the Nile on what I guess was a yacht or tiny cruise ship. It was late at night, 80 degrees, and the liquor was flowing in abundance. They played this song over the ships sound system, and everyone stopped partying, fell silent, and tripped out on it. I wasn't there, but I feel like I was they tell it so well.

BobbiLynn said:
What are you trying to do? Make our ears bleed? That's awful. :mad:

Ahaha that's funny as hell.. I don't think it would have been so funny of Bobbi hasn't said it :D

Gosh I sounded downright illiterate there for a minute.. It must be this new rice wine concoction

image-2107605050.jpg

Aaahhh... Sometimes I think I was meant to be born 35-40 years earlier and around to experience the so-called summer of love, 1969.

opus345 said:
Isn't that usually like 20% and taken as a shot?
I don't shoot anything personally.. I just harvested this, and filled the quart jar and needed a container so into the wine glass it went. I've probably had 5-6 ounces of it, and transferred the rest to a smaller jar. Tomorrow is going to be hard enough.
brewingmeister said:
What's it like? I've been meaning to read that thread.
It's delicious, but very different. Tart, sweet and delicately boozy with a great aromatic rice smell. Highly recommended.

What do you do when you try to answer a newbie question and they don't understand sarcasm? Just don't be sarcastic? Okay. Answered my own question. I will be nice to everyone I meet. Amen.

Tomorrow is going to be hard enough.

It's delicious, but very different. Tart, sweet and delicately boozy with a great aromatic rice smell. Highly recommended.

This was on the list and I must admit it looks very good.

Just need to pick up the yeast balls. You really need to be careful when you discuss this ingredient.

opus345 said:
This was on the list and I must admit it looks very good.

Just need to pick up the yeast balls. You really need to be careful when you discuss this ingredient.

Indeed. If it turns out you don't like it, can I have your balls? ;)

You just never know who you are talking to when you get online. You don't know their trials and tribulations. It's just really hard to know who you are talking to. I like to look at people in their eyes. My head doctor, shrink, whatever you want to call it, says my level of eye contact is OTT. Over the top, as in, please, stop starting at me. :eek:

But thing is, I look at other people and they are so different from me that I want to know more. Learn about them, meet the nice ones. Maybe I do like people afterall. I know I love my kids, my friends, my hubby, my dog and my plants. No specific order.

I have enjoyed getting to know many of you on this site. It's been quite interesting. :mug:

No, not leaving, no lenting for me. I have nothing to give up that will make me feel better.

So, what will the next song be? I hope something good.

I was wondering, you sounded a little fatalistic at the end of that last post. It's time for bed. Don't drink 6-8 ounces of rice wine after a bomber of 8% IPA, ok kids?

fatalistic

Good choice of word, you are improving, keep up the good work. :p

I'm trying to be like Dan, since he's not here, and get all deep about everything, but in few words. Being like Dan is not easy. :drunk:

I made the mistake of asking if it was okay to bring my dog to the tractor fest and was told no!! He is the most well behaved dog ever! Doesn't even need a leash because he doesn't leave my side except to sneak off into the woods and take a crap. I could just take him to a sitter. The little girl at the horse farm has been begging me to let her sit for him, she's only 10 so I imagine she doesn't charge much. The guy couldn't make it last night to get my parts so if I want to sell them, I'll have to haul them myself. Seems like a lot of work. Should have never asked about the dog and just brought him. He loves everyone, loves other dogs and even loves to play with cats. 2 hour drive too. Think I'll just stay home... a couple friends said they would stop by tomorrow on their way home if I couldn't make it. I got some beer ready for them.

Mean Mary installment for the day. I am not to fond of the song but she says Ding Dong in it.....Does that make me childish

Last edited by a moderator:
BobbiLynn said:
I made the mistake of asking if it was okay to bring my dog to the tractor fest and was told no!! He is the most well behaved dog ever! Doesn't even need a leash because he doesn't leave my side except to sneak off into the woods and take a crap. I could just take him to a sitter. The little girl at the horse farm has been begging me to let her sit for him, she's only 10 so I imagine she doesn't charge much. The guy couldn't make it last night to get my parts so if I want to sell them, I'll have to haul them myself. Seems like a lot of work. Should have never asked about the dog and just brought him. He loves everyone, loves other dogs and even loves to play with cats. 2 hour drive too. Think I'll just stay home... a couple friends said they would stop by tomorrow on their way home if I couldn't make it. I got some beer ready for them.

1 vote for leaving the dog with someone and getting out to do something. ;)

1 vote for leaving the dog with someone and getting out to do something. ;)

You are probably right, I been cooped up at home for too long, home, hospital, home, hospital. Friends all want me to come. Been bugging me about it. I went last year. It's a 3 day festival but really begins tomorrow and Sunday will probably be the biggest turn out day. And I have 3 options for a dog sitter. The kennel I normally take him to, my best friend down the road and the little girl at the horse farm who has been dying to sit for him. Thinking about selling the Super A, or whatever it called. Only has one wheel in the front and makes me nervous using it. Hubby nearly tipped it one day and I had to go pull him out with my little tractor. We'll still have 6 tractors left if I sell one more. Also got some extra wheel weights I can part with. The tractor runs so I can just drive it onto the trailor and the wheel weights are round, so I can roll them on without any help. Last year I was surrounded as soon as I pulled up, sold everything, almost like an auction. I'll give you this for it, wait, I'll give you this much.... Sold everything at prices over the going rates, but they were willing to pay, so....

Okay, you talked me into it, I'll head that way either tomorrow or Sunday.

Alright, decided, gonna head that way Sunday. And invite anyone who wants to camp(most have campers) here Sunday night before heading home Monday. People traveling hundreds of miles for the event. Farmall Cub fest in Sneeds, Florida this weekend. Other kinds of tractors will be represented too, not just Farmalls. I may even bring my dog against the rules. Or not, dang, kicking myself for asking. When people meet him, they want to clone him. So loving and can be a bad ass or act just like a baby and only want to cuddle. And he knows so many words you can almost talk to him. Hears the word "squirrel" and he looks in the trees, "chicken" comes up in conversation and he goes nuts, loves chicken. *sigh* he will have fun with a sitter. He loves the horses and little girls at the horse farm, so probably will let the older girl sit. She's 10 and her sister is 7, both mature for their ages, little farmers in pink cowboy boots.

Two more favorites from John Prine and Iris Dement

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bobbi, I say screw 'em and take the dog along. He probably needs some time away from the possum and tractors and dogs are a natural combination. My Border Collie used to like to jump up on the platform and ride with me, but I think she preferred riding in the ones with the cab, probably liked riding up higher. She would just settle in alongside the console and away we would go.
Your tractor with the one front wheel must be a C or Super C, the way the A's were offset a single front wheel wouldn't work too well. But if that is what you have it would be extremely rare and collectable. Either way I wouldn't be afraid to price it high. If they run and the sheet metal is straight these collectors are willing to pay crazy prices.
I have always been fond of the A's and Super A's. Hardly enough power to pull themselves out of a hole but fun little tractors to drive and they were just the handiest little tractor to have in the tobacco field.

Anyway, I say take off for the tractor fest and bring the dog. If anybody gives you any static just give them The Look. I'm sure you know the one. ;)

Hardly enough power to pull themselves out of a hole but fun little tractors to drive and they were just the handiest little tractor to have in the tobacco field.

Right, have had to rescue her from the ditch at least one time that I can remember.

I was wrong, it's the BF Avery that has the one tire on the front, the Super A does have 2. I better figure out what I got before I take it.

Well, mid brewday here. Half way through the sparge. Finish that up and then got two 15 gal boils. Brewing with my friend Steve this time. We're getting better as a team. Making great time today. Started pumping water to the HLT around noon. Should be done by midnight. :rockin:

Man I just had a post deleted by a mod. Somebody called be a idiot and I replied by thanking them. I was not rude nor vulgar in my reply just pointed out that they were wrong.

Man I just had a post deleted by a mod. Somebody called be a idiot and I replied by thanking them. I was not rude nor vulgar in my reply just pointed out that they were wrong.

Mods are trained to delete a comment if someone complains about it, not whether you are right or wrong. Has happened to me too and thinking why were my comments deleted and not theirs? It was because they went crying and complaining about it, I didn't. Don't take it personal, just the way they are trained. they don't have time to bother with and figure out every single thing, so complaint=delete. Keep it simple.

Mods are trained to delete a comment if someone complains about it, not whether you are right or wrong. Has happened to me too and thinking why were my comments deleted and not theirs? It was because they went crying and complaining about it, I didn't. Don't take it personal, just the way they are trained.

No the reason Yuri gave me was that I replied to his post. No one reported it I guess.

Dang man I am pretty careful with what I say as well. Last time I said anything kind of of the wall they made me a mod in the forum so let me tell you I am dang careful so that does not happen again

I was wrong, it's the BF Avery that has the one tire on the front, the Super A does have 2. I better figure out what I got before I take it.

You might want to do a little research before you sell your Avery. They are pretty rare.

Latest posts

Back