Every tried making other drinks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberjoey80

Reaction score
Hi all. I guess this is the place for this post. I was wondering (since I just got my first keg set up) if anyone has tried to make some different carbonated drinks. I was thinking of trying a couple of bottles of vodka mixed with about 4 gallons of koolaid and carbonating. Just for fun. It might turn out good. I was also thinking of some vodka mixed with gatorade and carbonating this. It would be a good drink and hard to get a hang over from because of the electrolytes. Anyone?

Be VERY careful about adding yeast to Kool-Aid and similar products, then capping immediately. The sugar content will likely create the infamous BOTTLE BOMB!

A possible solution would be to mix your Kool-Aid with lactose, Splenda, or other non-fermentable sweetener, then prime and bottle as usual.

Oh, I should have mentioned that I was not going to add yeast at all. See, we used to make the same drink (koolaid/vodka) in college mixed in a (new, clean) trashcan and call it "jungle juice" because people would be swinging from the ceiling in no time. Anyway, I was just going to take this same drink and carbonate it.

Oh ok. I was wondering why you brought up bottle bombs. Then I pictured my keg blowing up...along with my house :cross: Yes, it will be in a keg. I just put my first batch in my new keg, never have done this before so I am very excited and thinking of all the things I can carbonate. My friends quickly voted no on my carbonated chocolate milk idea. But yes it will be in a keg. Have you ever done anything like this.?:mug:

I make homemade soda all the time using a DIY rig that'll pressurize a one or two liter bottle with CO2. It tastes great - our favorite is just a simple mix of raspberry Crystal Light. Coffee flavoring syrups are good, too. You can make an excellent cream soda with some vanilla syrup. I imagine you'd get the same good results with a tasty vodka drink mix and a forced carbonated keg. Funny that you mention chocolate milk - I tried that once just for grins - it's really foamy and tastes like ****.

I've avoided anything other than beer in my kegs since I made a batch of root beer from concentrate. It took FOREVER to get rid of the root beer smell in that keg. OxyClean was the solution to ridding the root beer forever.

And I should read more carefully...you mentioned kegging in the first post!

No problem. I think I will try a soda to at some point....with vodka. Everything goes better with vodka.

Lemonade, limeade, and vodka. Throw it in a keg and carbonate the crap out of it... great summer drink.

what is it called chocolate egg claire? The carbonated water with cholocate milk.

Anyway if you want a carbonated chocolate dring make something like yoohoo. That uses water and is milk free.

I keep a keg of soda water in the kegger and buy (sodaclub's are good) or make concentrates. Had some really great honey last month, most of which went into the melomel, but some I just added to soda water. i also make egg creams (although it's hard to find U-Bet syrup around here).

I make a 23% base mix with sugar and turbo yeast and carbon filter it, let it age a few weeks then add flavouring extracts. When it's required I then mix it with 50 soda and a simple syrup.

It makes good Malibus etc for the wife.

rdwj said:
I made my first batch of wine last night. MAN is that easy compared to beer.

Only if you are doing kit wine. I make my Blueberry wine from scratch also.
Wine is a lot more forgiving than beer but can be as hard to make as any alcoholic bev.

Back