Dfh 120 Ipa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyc

Reaction score
So I finally tried the DFH 120 min IPA. I did not like it. I shared a bottle with some buddies on New Years. Very sweet. And the 20% ABV was very harsh. I guess its a taste that has to be developed, but there was no hop flavor at all. To me anyways. The funny thing, was that my buddy that drinks bud light, was the one who liked it. It was worth trying for the first time, but dont think I'll be heading to the store to get more of this stuff. 60 min is good for me!!!!!

While I haven't had the 120 min, I have had the 60 and the 90 thanks to ADX.
I loved them, and I can't wait to try the 120.

Seems like more people are starting to give the 120 minute a shot now. Ive only had 1 bottle but i liked it. Probably going to buy another bottle once i make it out to the liquor store.

talleymonster said:
While I haven't had the 120 min, I have had the 60 and the 90 thanks to ADX.
I loved them, and I can't wait to try the 120.

The 60 minute IPA is one of my favorite beers and the 90 is really good too. The 120 is a completely different beast and I don't care for it at all.

I got it at a local bar that has 52 beers on tap and hundreds in bottles. I was talking to the bartender about it and he agreed with me - it's just way over the top. It turns a good beer style into a bad one if you ask me.

At 20% alcohol, it tastes like syrup. It also masks the bitterness. On the one I had I got no almost no head on it whatsoever and the carbonation was very low (although maybe it was the high alcohol that made it seem that way).

Of course I finished it because I paid $14 for it and that was that.

Back