• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted! Rubber base for Ball lock Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Ball Lock Keg that does not have the rubber base and am trying to track one down. I am checking off line but wanted to try my luck here as well.

TIA
Zman

Try Adventures in Hombrewing. They have a ton of kegs and I know that they parted many of the damaged ones they had. They sell dip tubes, lids, etc. seperately from those. I imagine they have a base laying around they'd sell you. It won't be on their site. You'll have to call or email.

I could sell you a corny keg and you could use the base off of that. :) (just being a smart ass)

Sure, i will do that. Don't worry, I already know your address. Just sit out at your mailbox and wait for it. :)

How about this.

Get some plastic, sheet metal, or cardboard tube and form it to the same diameter of the keg. Coat the inside with some petroleum jelly or form oil and "attach" it to the bottom of the keg. Then fill the cavity with a minimal expansion spray foam sealant foam and let it cure (**** sticks to anything). Cut the base to level length and remove the form. Core some channels for air and water pockets. Mask off at the keg and paint with rubberized bed liner paint.

Done. And likely a crapton cheaper than a true base.

How about this.

Get some plastic, sheet metal, or cardboard tube and form it to the same diameter of the keg. Coat the inside with some petroleum jelly or form oil and "attach" it to the bottom of the keg. Then fill the cavity with a minimal expansion spray foam sealant foam and let it cure (**** sticks to anything). Cut the base to level length and remove the form. Core some channels for air and water pockets. Mask off at the keg and paint with rubberized bed liner paint.

Done. And likely a crapton cheaper than a true base.

You are chock full of ideas:D. I thought about doing something similar myself but not to that extent. Ever bang a dent out of a keg?

You are chock full of ideas:D. I thought about doing something similar myself but not to that extent. Ever bang a dent out of a keg?

I'd not go too thick at the bottom round of the keg. The foam should be dense enough to support the weight of a full keg once cured but I cannot guarantee something I have not tried.

Latest posts

Back