Oregonians HELP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnanamous

Reaction score
I'm off to see me mum in Eugene in a couple of weeks and was wondering if there were any new "can't miss" brew pubs in the area. I lived in Portland for a number of years (got my first degree at PSU!) but probably wont be spending more than a day there. I usually tour the locally wineries but would love to see a new brewpub (something other than Steelhead...). I will go to Mcmennamins for old time sake. So, those familiar with Eugene I'm all ears.

figure you're probs there for Thanksgiving. If they're open you do want to check out Ninkasi as well as Oakshire which has an excellent garden. Head over to Springfield to visit Hop Valley for a chat with the local home brewers turned pro brewers. Cruise Sixteen Tons on 13th and maybe you can sneak a drink of their house brew Frederick's Lost Arm. Lastly you're in for a treat if you check out Izakaya Meiji Company on Van Buren for a pairing of american macro lager with rare japanese whiskey and brandy.

Enjoy!

Thanks guys for the information. I'm currently sitting at the anchor steam joint in san fancisco on layover. I'll try to hit all the suggested spots and report back on a week or so. I appreciate the feedback!

Latest posts

Back